Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30th

Songs Remaining: 2189

Currently Listening to: The Unsung Heros --> Unleashed --> Universal

Not much going on outside of completing PSA/CTA project. 

Waiting for the Eddie Bravo seminar at SNEMMA on October 11th. It'll have to be my fix until I can get out to Los Angeles, hopefully by mid-February.

Last night we worked on passing butterfly guard in jits. I am torn quite a bit. Most of the other students don't use that guard much and now they will have more insight into a large part of my game. I enjoy a challenge, but I wasn't quite ready to move onto something new quite yet. I had just started working a new setup to the Jamacian which is similar to the Rubix Cube. (But without as much flexibility.) Not many can move like Jerome can.

What alot of people don't realize about the 10th Planet system is that you do not learn it to the exclusion of traidional jiujitsu technique. 10th Planet is more about concepts and what to do when traditional jits fails. And, when you are training consistently with the same people it does.

Like most things the ability to adapt can often overcome other abilities of other people. Intelligence is helpful, but if you are unable to apply that ability then it is useless.  The same can be said of strength, though in jits, raw strength will tend to truimph raw intelligence. At any rate a well rounded jits player will be able to see the openings as they arise and use those opening to achieve a preset plan.

No comments: