Monday, October 13, 2008

110039 Jumbles

QOD: I'd probably be in a cult right now if I wasn't so cynical
Songs Remaining: 1420
Currently Listening To: Mohamed bouya Mohamed --> Ilham Al Madfai -- > Bagdad Blues




Went to the Eddie Bravo seminar last weekend at SNEMMA.

4 hours
Lockdown --> Dogfight --> Pyramid --> Rubber Guard

It was very similar to the seminar I went to at Reality self Defense (now Lauzon MMA) in March except we spent no time on butterfly guard and very little on Rubbar Guard. Instead we worked on the Pyramid. (Need to find a picture) More to come...

The difference between the march seminar and this one was really seen in the improvement in my own rubbar guard game. I am confortable and consistantly able to get to chill dog and at least sweep or improve my position from there. I attribute that to my newest pseudo hobby: Yoga.

Improving flexibility is not seen as a big priority at my school, and until I went to the Bravo seminar last march, it wasn't for me either. But since i have tried to focus at least a few times a week to stretching, my flexibility has skyrocketed. Had I the ambition to make it a 7 days a week chore it'd probably be better. My new focus for this week is to do yoga or stretch at least 6 days a week for at least 45 minutes (Yoga should take care of that 3 times a week).

No comments: